The ACE was created with customer feedback from our ICON light. It shares the technology of the ICON, whilst adding some brand new features:
- ACE is lightweight at 34g
- It's cheaper than ICON with an RRP of £45
- It has all the sensors the ICON uses but in a smaller unit
- ANT+ integration will allow a Garmin GPS device to control the light. However, Wahoo devices currently do not support ANT+ lighting control.
- Waterproofed to the same IP67 standard as the ICON
- Shorter runtime than the ICON @10 hours, but with a shorter charge time of around 2-3 hours.
- Fewer lumens than the ICON @ 125 lumens in the rear light and 150 lumens on the front. But there will be 48+ smaller LEDs that will project a greater surface area of light
- slightly smaller visibility with 200 degrees, as opposed to the 270 degrees with the ICON.
We see as ACE as a light that will coexist with ICON, rather than replace it. ACE works well for a commuter or any level of a cyclist who wants a high tech light in a smaller package, whilst ICON caters to the cyclist who goes on epic rides and wants a little more power and battery from their light.
You can view more details and even pre-order here: https://seesense.cc/collections/shop/products/see-sense-ace-front-and-rear-set